- 0.7 NSCA CEU (Category D)
Gene Coleman’s 52-Week Baseball Training Program is the first baseball resource that empowers you with the ins and outs of baseball training for maximum performance.
Inside, you’ll find the ins and outs of speed, strength, aerobic training, overuse injuries, behind the scenes baseball scouting, and the intangibles that separate greats like Nolan Ryan from the average player.
In this series, you’ll take your players performance and your coaching ability to all new levels while preventing injury and maximizing players’ abilities—whether you’re a Youth Coach or a Seasoned Strength and Conditioning Specialist this is a must-have resource for all coaches working with Baseball and Softball athletes!
- What ideal body composition is for baseball players along with the risks and rewards related to having too much or too little body fat. (7:00)
- The nature and prevention of overuse injuries due to pitchers making nearly 20,000 pitches and hitters swinging 20,000 times over the course of one year.
- The importance of incorporating total body strength for rapid force generation during explosive swings and pitches, even during the grind of 162 games in 180 days. Strength perseverance is vital to help your players succeed over the long haul!
- The importance of Speed to baseball success. More importantly, the inclusion of sprint mechanics to reduce injury and improve performance. You can’t make everyone fast, but you can make everyone faster! (24:40)
- Why jogging is terrible for baseball and why sprints, change of direction work, and deceleration are vital skills for conditioning and injury prevention is baseball.
- A behind the scenes look at scouting, including what makes up 5-Start players (35:00), the specific traits that make up elite players position by position, and why Hustle is the absolute biggest key to long-term success. Most importantly, how you can incorporate these values into your training and preparation to take your athletes to the next level.
- Why acceleration is the most important movement skill for positional players and rapid force development (48:40).
- (1:01:00) The hidden intangibles like desire, a feel for the game, adjusting on the play, and having a short memory that separate talent from productivity. (1:08:00) Talent does NOT mean success. Scouts look for talent first, skills second. Intangibles tie it all together and your ability as a coach to bring them all together are the key to a successful career!
|Module 1||52 Week Baseball Training|
|Unit 1||52 Week Baseball Training - Part 1|
|Unit 2||52 Week Baseball Training - Part 2|
|Unit 3||52 Week Baseball Training - Part 3|
|Unit 4||52 Week Baseball Training - Part 4|
|Unit 5||52 Week Baseball Training - Part 5|
|Unit 6||52 Week Baseball Training - Part 6|
|Unit 7||52 Week Baseball Training - Part 7|
|Unit 8||52 Week Baseball Training - Part 8|
|Unit 9||NSCA Quiz - 52 Week Baseball Training|