“Partner-Assisted Flexibility Training”
Increasingly, our athletes are seeking more balance in their health and wellness programs and value workouts and programs that incorporate flexibility training as well as strength and endurance.
Many personal trainers and coaches would like to include effective flexibility work during their sessions but don’t feel confident in performing the stretches. Facilitated stretching is an active-assisted partner technique that’s easy to learn and to incorporate into your current training programs.
Facilitated stretching is based on the principles of PNF (proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation) and can be used to isolate one muscle at a time, or use the spiral diagonal patterns of PNF to stretch groups of muscles simultaneously.
This seminar is geared to fitness professionals who have minimal experience with PNF stretching theory and techniques.
- Clearly understand the theoretical basis and principles underlying the development and use of Facilitated Stretching.
- Be able to discuss the three-step protocol for facilitated stretching
- Be able to perform facilitated stretches for selected muscle groups as demonstrated in the “shoulder series” and the “hip series”.
- Understand safety factors in the use of facilitated stretching and strengthening.
- Demonstrate proper biomechanics when performing stretching techniques
|Module 1||Bob McAtee - Facilitated Stretching (Non-CEU)|
|Unit 1||Bob McAtee - Facilitated Stretching (Non-CEU)|